MENSA BASELINE CHARACTERISTICS1,2
|NUCALA (n=194)||Placebo (n=191)|
|Mean age||51 years||49 years|
|Body mass index*||27.6||28.0|
|Duration of asthma||20.5 years||19.5 years|
|Use of oral glucocorticoids|
|Mean daily dose†||12.6 mg||15.1 mg|
|Before bronchodilation‡||1.73 L||1.86 L|
|Predicted value before bronchodilation§||59.3%||62.4%|
|Geometric mean IgE on loge scale||150 U/mL||150 U/mL|
|Geometric mean blood eosinophil count on loge scale||290 cells/μL||320 cells/μL|
|Severe episodes in previous year||3.8||3.6|
|Necessitating hospitalization in the previous year||17%||18%|
- *Body mass index is the weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in meters.
- †The listed value is the prednisone equivalent.
- ‡Reversibility was measured at baseline.
- §The percent of predicted value before bronchodilation was assessed at the screening visit.
- llScores on the ACQ range from 0 to 6 with higher scores indicating worse control; a change of 0.5 points is the minimal clinically important difference.3
- ¶Scores on the SGRQ range from 0 to 100 with higher scores indicating worse function; a change of 4 points is considered to be clinically relevant.4,5
- ACQ=Asthma Control Questionnaire; FEV1=forced expiratory volume in 1 second; FVC=forced vital capacity;
- IgE=immunoglobulin E; IV=intravenous; SGRQ=St. George’s Respiratory Questionnaire.