Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)
- Affects up to 30% of patients with shingles. 2
- Characterized by long-lasting nerve pain that can persist for months to years. 1
Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
- Affects up to 25% of patients with shingles. 1
- Can lead to ophthalmic complications and in rare cases, vision loss. 1,3
* SHINGRIX is not indicated for prevention of primary varicella infection or for the treatment of herpes zoster (HZ) or postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).
- Harpaz R, et al., Prevention of Herpes Zoster. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR Early Release 2008;57;RR-5.
- Kawai K, Gebremeskel BG, Acosta CJ. Systematic review of incidence and complications of herpes zoster: towards a global perspective. BMJ Open. 2014 Jun;4(6):e004833.
- Volpi A. Severe complications of herpes zoster. Herpes. 2007 Sep;14 Suppl 2:35-9.