SHINGRIX is to be reconstituted only with the accompanying adjuvant suspension
- Withdraw the entire content of the vial containing the suspension into a sterile syringe.
- Add the entire contents of the syringe into the vial containing the lyophilized powder.
- Shake gently until the lyophilized powder is completely dissolved. It should be an opalescent, colourless to pale brownish liquid.
- Inspect the vaccine for any foreign particulate matter and/or variation of appearance. If either is observed, do not administer the vaccine.
- Withdraw the entire contents of the vial containing the reconstituted vaccine into a sterile syringe.
- Change the needle so that you are using a new needle to administer the vaccine.
This video will walk you through the reconstitution process for SHINGRIX
* Refer to the product monograph for complete dosing and administration information.