Anoro Ellipta contains two molecules specifically selected for their long duration of action, enabling once-daily dosing1-8
Anoro Ellipta contains umeclidinium (a LAMA) and vilanterol (a LABA). These molecules work together to promote bronchodilation: the LAMA blocks bronchoconstriction and the LABA stimulates bronchodilation.1
See how the molecules work
The LAMA and LABA in Anoro Ellipta work together to promote bronchodilation
LAMA - Umeclidinium
LABA - Vilanterol
Indication: Anoro Ellipta is indicated as a maintenance bronchodilator treatment to relieve symptoms in adult patients with COPD.
Dosing: The recommended (and maximum) dose is one inhalation of ANORO ELLIPTA (UMEC/VI 55/22 micrograms) once daily. The dose should be administered at the same time of the day each day to maintain bronchodilation.
Please refer to the SmPC for further information prior to prescribing.
- Anoro Ellipta SmPC
- Maleki-Yazdi M et al. Adv Ther 2016;33:2188–2199.
- Feldman G et al. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2016;11:719–730.
- Laine DI. Exp Rev Clin Pharmacol 2010;3:43–53.
- Laine DI. J Med Chem 2009;52:2493–2505.
- Slack RJ et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2013;344:218–230
- Hanania N et al. Chest 2012;142:119–127.
- Kempsford R et al. Pulm Pharmacol Ther 2013;26(2):256–264.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/.
Adverse events should also be reported to GlaxoSmithKline UK on 0800 221 441.
© 2021 GSK group of companies or its licensor.
ANORO was developed in collaboration with INNOVIVA.
Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies.
PM-GB-UCV-WCNT-210001 May 2021