Efficacy and effectiveness
Varilrix combines efficacy, from controlled trials, with effectiveness across the world.[1-4]
Varilrix shows 94.9% vaccine efficacy against all severities of varicella disease.
Varilrix shows 99.5% vaccine efficacy against moderate and severe varicella disease.
Varilrix is effective in diverse settings Varilrix effectiveness data has a wide reach across different settings across the world from Australia to Uruguay and Europe (Italy and Germany)[1-4]
- Bechini A, Boccalini S, Baldo V et al. Impact of universal vaccination against varicella in Italy: Experiences from eight Italian Regions. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015;11
- Quian J, Ruttimann R, Romero C et al. Impact of universal varicella vaccination on 1-year-olds in Uruguay: 1997-2005. Arch Dis Child. 2008;93:845-850.
- Macartney KK et al. Varicella vaccination in Australia and New Zealand. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2008; 197(Supplement 2), pp.S191–S195
- Spackova M, Wiese-Posselt M, Dehnert M et al. Comparative varicella vaccine effectiveness during outbreaks in day-care centres. Vaccine. 2010;28:686-691
- Prymula R et al. Protection against varicella with two doses of combined measlesmumps rubella varicella vaccine versus one dose of monovalent varicella vaccine: a multicentre, observer-blind, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet 2014; 383(9925):1313–1324.