Avamys nasal spray
Avamys nasal spray is indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis in adults, adolescents and children (aged six and over). 1
INCS - intranasal corticosteroids
- Avamys summary of product characteristics
- Berger WE, Godfrey JW, Slater AL. Intranasal corticosteroids: the development of a drug delivery device for fluticasone furoate as a potential step toward improved compliance. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2007;4(6):689-701.
- Berger WE, Godfrey JW, Grant AC, et al. Fluticasone furoate (FF) nasal spray: development of a next-generation delivery system for allergic rhinitis [abstract no. 907]. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;119:S231.
- Godfrey JW, Grant AC, Slater AL. Fluticasone Furoate (FF) Nasal spray-ergonomic considerations for a next generation delivery system. J Allergy Clin lmmunol. 2007;119(Suppl. 1):S230.
- Brozek J, Bousquet J, Agache I, et al. Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA) guidelines-2016 revision. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140(4):950-958.
- Baumann D, Bachert C, Högger P. Dissolution in nasal fluid, retention and anti-inflammatory activity of fluticasone furoate in human nasal tissue ex vivo. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39(10):1540-1550.
- Valotis A, Hogger P. Human receptor kinetics and lung tissue retention of the enhanced-affinity glucocorticoid fluticasone furoate. Respir Res. 2007;8(1):54.
- Salter M, Biggadike K, Matthews JL, et al. Pharmacological properties of the enhanced-affinity glucocorticoid fluticasone furoate in vitro and in an in vivo model of respiratory inflammatory disease. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L660-667.
- Seidman M, Gurgel RK, Lin SY, et al. Clinical Practice Guideline: Allergic Rhinitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015:152(18) S1-S43.
- Scadding GK, Kariyawasam HH, Scadding G, et al. BSACI guideline for the diagnosis and management of allergic and non-allergic rhinitis. Clin Exp Allergy. 2017;47:856-889.
- Wallace DV, Dykewicz MS, Oppenheimer J, et al. Pharmacologic Treatment of Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis: Synopsis of Guidance from the 2017 Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters. Ann Intern Med. 2017;167(12):876-881.
- Santos A, Borrego LM, Rotiroti G, et al. The need for patient-focused therapy for children and teenagers with allergic rhinitis: a case-based review of current European practice. Clin Transl Allergy. 2015;5:2.