Safety & Tolerability
JULUCA—2 Agents With the Tolerability You Expect
- Patients switched to JULUCA had a median time on ART of 4.25 years1
- 87% of subjects were new to both DTG and RPV2
Juluca is contraindicated for patients with hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.3
Co-administration with the following medicinal products is contraindicated:3
- carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin;
- rifampicin, rifapentine;
- proton pump inhibitors, such as omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole;
- systemic dexamethasone, except as a single dose treatment;
- St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum).
Adverse events (AEs) with onset through Week 52 (pooled) (data from SWORD 1 and 2 studies)1
*Two deaths in the study, both unrelated to study drug. DTG + RPV: Kaposi's sarcoma (n=1), continued 3-drug regimen: lung cancer (n=1).1
|Based on data from Phase III clinical studies, the most frequently reported adverse reactions considered possibly or probably related to the combined administration of dolutegravir and rilpivirine were:|
- Llibre JM, Hung C-C, Brinson C, et al. Lancet 2018;391:839–849.
- Oglesby A, Punekar Y, Angelis K, et al. EACS 2017; Milan, Italy. Poster BPD1/2.
- Juluca Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: www.medicines.ie. Last accessed: May 2018.