Relvar Ellipta was superior to other ICS/LABAs in helping 25% more patients improve asthma control in everyday clinical practice1
- With Relvar Ellipta, significantly more patients saw an improvement in ACT score ≥3 or a total score ≥20 (70% vs 56%)*1
Could Relvar Ellipta help your patients in their everyday lives?
Relvar Ellipta shows greater improvements across all 5 ACT components vs. other ICS/LABAs**2
Relvar Ellipta - superior vs. other ICS/LABAs in helping more patients in everyday clinical practice improve their quality of life†2
- With Relvar Ellipta, significantly more patients saw an improvement in AQLQ score at 12 months, with an increase from baseline of ≥0.5 units (56% vs 44%) — (1.79, 95% CI 1.51-2.13, p<0.001) 27% more patients had an improved quality of life vs. ICS/LABAs††1
Relvar Ellipta was superior across all domains of the AQLQ vs. other ICS/LABAs2
*The primary endpoint was the proportion of ACT responders (improvement from baseline of >=3 or achieving a total ACT of >=20) in patients initiating Relvar vs. continuing usual care (as prescribed by GP) at months 6 in the PEA (primary effectiveness analysis) population. The primary endpoint was met (p<0.001). Data presented are from a subset of patients in the PEA population prescribed ICS/LABA at
baseline: 70% of patients initiating with Relvar (n=637/908) improved asthma control vs. 56% of patients continuing on their ICS/LABA (n=511/916). OR 1.95, 95% CI: 1.60, 2.38.2
In this study there was no difference in serious adverse events reported between Relvar Ellipa and usual care. The most common serious adverse events of special interest were cardiovascular disease, asthma and bronchospasm, and pneumonia. 25% relative difference in responders;14% absolute difference.
** Statistical analysis was not performed on the individual questions of the ACT.
†Quality of life was measured by the Asthma Quality of Life Questionnaire at 12 months, a clinically meaningful improvement is defined as an increase from baseline of ≥0.5 units.1 Data presented are from a subset of patients in the ITT population prescribed ICS/LABA at baseline who were initiated with Relvar Ellipta or continued on their existing ICS/LABA: 27% relative difference in responders; 12% absolute difference.
†† (27% vs 12% absolute reduction).
‡Analysis of the environmental stimuli domain was pre-planned.
§Data presented from a post-hoc analysis.
- Woodcock A et al. Lancet 2017; 390:2247–2255.
- Svedsater H et al. Respir Med 2018; 141:198–206.
- Relvar Ellipta SmPC, available on www.medicines.ie 2019.
RELVAR Ellipta was developed in collaboration with INNOVIVA Inc.