For which of my patients with COPD is TRELEGY Ellipta most appropriate?
What we know about patients like Alexander
In a database study of over 63,000 patients on COPD maintenance treatment:*
In the same study, of over 43,000 patients with data available:
The impact of exacerbations on your patients
Ultimately, every patient may recognise and experience a COPD exacerbation differently. Some may end up in hospital, some may be housebound, whilst others may be able to better manage at home. Some patients understand the symptoms of an exacerbation more than others, some patients only know how it makes them feel.3
“You know when you’re underwater and you’re trying to get out and you get that desperate feeling – that’s how an attack feels.”
Could TRELEGY Ellipta help reduce your patients’ COPD exacerbations?
The patient need for a simple treatment routine
Complicated treatment routines may lead to missed doses, reduced adherence and worse treatment outcomes.9-11 Complicated routines could be caused by the need for patients to use different inhalers, or to take multiple daily doses from the same inhaler.11 12
- Multiple daily dosing may results in reduced adherence to their treatment routine10
How could TRELEGY’s dosing and the Ellipta inhaler make a difference to your patients?
*Patients aged ≥40, receiving one of the following: LAMA, LABA, LAMA/LABA or ICS/LABA.1
**Defined as ≥2 exacerbations without hospitalisation, ≥1 hospitalisation for COPD, or both.1
†A real world clinical practice study of 55,076 patients with COPD in the United States between 1998 and 2006. Patient adherence was measured using proportion of days covered (PDC), which was defined as the proportion of days in a given time interval that a patient had a drug available measured over a one-year interval.10
COPD, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; FEV1, forced expiratory volume in one second; ICS, inhaled corticosteroid; LABA, long-acting β2-agonist; LAMA, long-acting muscarinic antagonist; OD, once-daily
- Rebordosa C et al. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2018 May 8. doi: 10.1002/pds.4448. [Epub ahead of print].
- Rebordosa C et al. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2018 May 8. doi: 10.1002/pds.4448. [Epub ahead of print]: Online supporting information.
- Williams V et al. NPJ Prim Care Respir Med 2014; 24:14062.
- Barnes PJ et al. Nat Rev Dis Primers 2015; 1:15076. doi: 10.1038/nrdp.2015.76.
- Donaldson G et al. Thorax 2002; 57(10): 847–852.
- Seemungal TA et al. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 157(5):1418–1422.
- Halpin DMG et al. Respir Med 2017; 128:85–91.
- Donaire-Gonzalez D et al. Eur Respir J. 2015; 46(5):1281–1289.
- Bourbeau J et al. Thorax 2008; 63:831–838.
- Toy EL et al. Respir Med 2011; 105(3):435–441.
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (GOLD) 2019. Available at https://goldcopd.org/gold-reports/ [Accessed December 2018]
- Melani AS et al. Respir Med 2011; 105:930–938.
- TRELEGY Ellipta SmPC, 2018 Available at www.medicines.ie [Accessed December 2018].
TRELEGY Ellipta was developed in collaboration with INNOVIVA Inc.