How is COPD impacting her life?
Due to Sylvia's worsening symptoms, she is starting to miss out on social events with friends. She has difficulty walking to the shops and struggles to keep her small garden tidy. She finds she can't keep up when playing with her young grandchildren.
In the same study, of over 43,000 patients with data available:
What impact do exacerbations have on Sylvia's life?
Sylvia has begun to miss out on some of the things she enjoys most in life due to her worsening of symptoms, and these symptoms are putting her at greater risk of exacerbation. How can we help to break this cycle and help her to breathe better from today?
Could TRELEGY Ellipta help reduce your patients’ COPD exacerbations?
The patient need for a simple treatment routine
Complicated treatment routines may lead to missed doses, reduced adherence and worse treatment outcomes. 9-11 Complicated routines could be caused by the need for patients to use different inhalers, or to take multiple daily doses from the same inhaler. 11, 12
How could the dosing schedule for TRELEGY Ellipta make a difference to your patients?
*Patients aged ≥40, receiving one of the following: LAMA, LABA, LAMA/LABA or ICS/LABA 1
**Defined as ≥2 exacerbations without hospitalisation, ≥1 hospitalisations for COPD, or both 1
†A real-world clinical practice study of 55,076 patients with COPD in the United States between 1998 and 2006. Adherence was measured using PDC over 12 months following treatment initiation 10
ICS, inhaled corticosteroid; LABA, long-acting β2-agonist; LAMA, long-acting muscarinic antagonist; OD, once daily; PDC, proportion of days covered
- Rebordosa C et al. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug, Saf 2019; 28:126–133.
- Rebordosa C et al. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug, Saf 2019; 28:126–133 (supplementary information).
- Barnes PJ et al. Nat Rev Dis Primers 2015; doi: 10.1038/nrdp.2015.76.
- Donaldson G et al. Thorax 2002; 57:847–852
- Seemungal TA et al. Respir Med 1998; 157:1418–1422.
- Halpin DMG et al. Respir Med 2017; 128:85–91.
- Andersson F et al. Respir Med 2002; 96:700–708.
- Punekar YS et al. Pulm Ther 2016; 2:59–72.
- Bourbeau J et al. Thorax 2008; 63:831–838.
- Toy EL et al. Respir Med 2011; 105:435–441.
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (GOLD), 2018. Available at https://goldcopd.org/gold-reports/ (Accessed September 2019).
- Melani AS et al. Respir Med 2011; 105:930–938.
- TRELEGY Ellipta SmPC, 2019.