Synflorix is indicated for active immunisation against invasive disease, pneumonia and acute otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae in infants and children from 6 weeks up to 5 years of age. 1
Refer to the product information for information on specific pneumococcal serotypes.
- Synflorix Global Data Sheet. 2016
- Monasta L, et al. Burden of Disease Caused by Otitis Media: Systematic Review and Global Estimates. PLoS One 2012; 7: e36226
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. Who is at risk for Pneumonia? Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/pneumonia [Last accessed February 2017].
- Public Health England. Pneumococcal disease. Available at: http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/Pneumococcal/ [Last accessed February 2017].
- UNICEF/WHO, Pneumonia: the forgotten killer of children, 2006