Synflorix helps to protect against severe disease
Synflorix is a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine which helps to protect children from 6 weeks up to 5 years of age against the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae. 1
Synflorix has also been proven to offer cross-protection against serotype 19A. Similar levels of protection against IPD caused by serotype 19A are seen with PCV13 (compared with Synflorix) 2 . In fact, results from observational studies in similar epidemiological settings do not allude to a difference between Synflorix and PCV13 on overall protection against IPD in children <2 years.3
This has meant that we have vaccinated over 140 million children globally. 4
- Synflorix Summary of Product Characteristics,GlaxoSmithKline.
- Deceuninck G, et al. Effectiveness of three pneumococcal conjugate vaccines to prevent invasive pneumococcal disease in Quebec, Canada. Vaccine 2015; 33(23): 2684-89
- Oliveira de L.H, et al. Impact and effectiveness of PCV-10 and PCV-13 in children under 5 years in Latin America and Caribbean countries (LAC): A systematic Review. In ISPPD, June 2016.
- GSK. Data on file. DGN no. 2017N343876_00
- GSK. Data on file. DGN no. 2017N343614_00