MAKE THE MenB CONVERSATION A PART OF YOUR PROTOCOL
A primary series for meningitis B vaccination is recommended for adolescents not at increased risk age 16–23 years (preferred age 16–18 years) based on shared clinical decision-making.1
the 2nd dose and provide follow-up reminders to help patients complete the series
- *When provided by an in-network provider. Coverage, coding, cost to patient, reimbursement amount for product, and administration fee will vary by payer, plan, professional setting, or services rendered and are subject to change without notice. Cost to patients may vary. Coverage and reimbursement decisions are made by individual payers following receipt of claims from providers. Providers must follow documentation and billing requirements of payer.
BEXSERO is a vaccine indicated for active immunization to prevent invasive disease caused by Neisseria meningitidis serogroup B. BEXSERO is approved for use in individuals aged 10 through 25 years.
Approval of BEXSERO is based on demonstration of immune response, as measured by serum bactericidal activity against three serogroup B strains representative of prevalent strains in the United States. The effectiveness of BEXSERO against diverse serogroup B strains has not been confirmed.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Immunization schedules: Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule for ages 18 years or younger, United States, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html. Updated February 3, 2020. Accessed February 6, 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Meningococcal vaccination for adolescents: Information for healthcare professionals. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mening/hcp/adolescent-vaccine.html. Updated July 26, 2019. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Meningococcal disease: Causes and transmission. https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/about/causes-transmission.html. Updated May 31, 2019. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Prescribing Information for BEXSERO.
- Managed Markets Insight & Technology, LLC, Database as of December 2019.