Recommended Dose and Schedule3
- KINRIX is available in:
- 0.5-mL single-dose vials
- 0.5-mL single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes (packaged without needles)
- KINRIX is to be administered as a 0.5-mL dose by intramuscular injection
- The preferred site of administration is the deltoid muscle of the upper arm
- KINRIX may be used for the fifth dose in the DTaP immunization series and the fourth dose in the IPV immunization series in children 4 through 6 years of age (prior to the seventh birthday) whose previous DTaP vaccine doses have been with INFANRIX and/or PEDIARIX for the first three doses and INFANRIX for the fourth dose
- Sufficient data on the safety and effectiveness of interchanging PEDIARIX, INFANRIX, and KINRIX with DTaP-containing vaccines from different manufacturers are not available
- CPT code: 90696 5
The tip caps of the prefilled syringes contain natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions.
Store refrigerated between 2° and 8°C (36° and 46°F).
Do not freeze. Discard if the vaccine has been frozen.
- Prescribing Information for PEDIARIX.
- Prescribing Information for INFANRIX.
- Prescribing Information for KINRIX.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommended Immunization Schedules for Persons Aged 0 Through 18 Years--United States, 2016. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/
downloads/child/0-18yrs-child-combined-schedule.pdf. Accessed November 12, 2019.
- American Medical Association. CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) 2016 Professional Edition. Chicago, IL: American Medical Association; 2015.