DOSING & ADMINISTRATION
POWER TO CHOOSE
The only HES treatment to offer:
(every 4 weeks)
No loading dose
(independent of weight)
ADMINISTERING NUCALA AT HOME: HES
The recommended dosage of NUCALA for HES is 300 mg administered once every 4 weeks as 3 separate 100-mg subcutaneous injections. NUCALA can be administered by a patient or caregiver into the thigh or abdomen (or upper arm by a caregiver). Administer individual 100-mg injections at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
Autoinjector Quick Reference Guide
This guide is designed for patients and does not replace the full Instructions for Use.
Please see the full Instructions for Use to provide proper training in subcutaneous injection technique and on the preparation and administration of NUCALA injection.
Click each tab for step-by-step directions on How to Inject with the NUCALA Autoinjector.
Make sure the security seals on the carton are not broken. Carefully take Autoinjector out of box. Keep out of direct sunlight. Do not use if left out for more than 8 hours.
Inspect and allow to reach room temperature
Do not use if the medication is cloudy, discolored, or has particles. A few air bubbles are normal.
Do not remove clear needle cap at this time.
Do not warm in microwave, hot water, or sunlight.
Choose your injection site
NUCALA is injected under the skin.
Do not inject where skin is bruised, tender, red, or hard.
Do not inject within 2 inches of your belly button.
If you need more than 1 injection to complete your dose, leave at least 2 inches between injection sites.
Wash your hands and clean your injection site with an alcohol swab.
Pull the clear needle cap straight off and do not press the yellow needle guard with your fingers. It’s normal to see a drop of medicine at the end of the needle. Inject within 5 minutes.
Hold the yellow needle guard FLAT against your skin and push the Autoinjector all the way down and hold.
Listen for the first click; injection has started.
Yellow indicator will move through inspection window.
Do not lift away from skin.
Continue to hold in place until injection is completed
2 ways to know you’ve completed:
1. You have heard the 2nd click and counted to 5.
2. A yellow indicator has filled the inspection window.
Injection may take up to 15 seconds.
Do not put the clear needle cap back on.
Throw away your used Autoinjector in an approved sharps disposal container.
Keep NUCALA and all medicines away from children.
- Do not use any Autoinjector or prefilled syringe more than 1 time.
- Do not share the Autoinjector or the prefilled syringe with other people.
- Do not use the Autoinjector or prefilled syringe if it was dropped or looks damaged.
- Store in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Keep in the original carton until time of use to protect from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not shake.
- Keep away from heat.
- If necessary, an unopened carton can be stored outside the refrigerator at up to 86°F (30°C) for up to 7 days.
- Do not use the Autoinjector or prefilled syringe if it has been left out of the carton for more than 8 hours.