NUCALA is indicated for the add-on maintenance treatment of patients 6 years and older with severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype. NUCALA is not indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm or status asthmaticus.
- †MENSA (Trial 2): 32-week study comparing NUCALA 100 mg to placebo, each added to SOC in 576 patients 12 years and older with severe eosinophilic asthma. Primary Endpoint Results: Frequency of exacerbations. NUCALA: 0.83/year, placebo: 1.74/year; P<0.001. Secondary Endpoint Results: Frequency of exacerbations requiring hospitalization and/or ED visit; NUCALA: 0.08/year; placebo: 0.20/year; P=0.02.
- ‡SIRIUS (Trial 3): 24-week study comparing NUCALA 100 mg to placebo in 135 patients 12 years and older with severe eosinophilic asthma receiving prednisone 5-35 mg (or equivalent) per day and regular use of high-dose ICS and 1 other controller. Primary Endpoint Results: Percent reduction in daily OCS dose (Weeks 20 to 24) while maintaining asthma control vs placebo; P=0.008.
- §COLUMBA: 4.5-year open-label study assessing the safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of NUCALA 100 mg added to asthma controller therapy in 347 patients 12 years and older with severe eosinophilic asthma.
- ‖Source: IQVIA - NPA™ audit: 12 mo. TRX data ending 4/19 (All rights reserved).
- ¶December 2015 to April 2019 data sourced from IQVIA and GSK. Claims data based on total number of unique patients who had at least one claim for NUCALA in the United States. Not all patients remained on therapy. Individual results may vary.
∥Source: IQVIA - NPATM audit: 12 mo. TRX data ending 4/19 (All rights reserved).
¶December 2015 to April 2019 data sourced from IQVIA and GSK. Claims data based on
- Ortega HG, Liu MC, Pavord ID, et al. Mepolizumab treatment in patients with severe eosinophilic asthma. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:1198-1207.
- Bel EH, Wenzel SE, Thompson PJ, et al. Oral glucocorticoid-sparing effect of mepolizumab in eosinophilic asthma. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:1189-1197.
- Khatri S, Moore W, Gibson PG, et al. Assessment of the long-term safety of mepolizumab and durability of clinical response in patients with severe eosinophilic asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2019;143(5):1742-1751.
- Data on file, GSK.
- Pavord ID, Korn S, Howarth P, et al. Mepolizumab for severe eosinophilic asthma (DREAM): a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2012;380:651-659.