Do not use a needle with ROTARIX. Not for injection.
Each package of ROTARIX contains1
- 10 vials of lyophilized vaccine
- 10 oral applicators prefilled with diluent
- 10 transfer adapters
The tip caps of the prefilled oral applicators of diluent contain natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions.
Storage before reconstitution1
- Lyophilized vaccine in vials: Store refrigerated at 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F). Protect vials from light
- Diluent in oral applicators: Store refrigerated at 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F) or at a controlled room temperature up to 25°C (77°F). Do not freeze. Discard if the diluent has been frozen
Storage after reconstitution1
- ROTARIX should be administered within 24 hours of reconstitution
- After reconstitution, store refrigerated at 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F) or at a controlled room temperature up to 25°C (77°F). Discard the reconstituted vaccine in biological waste container if not used within 24 hours
- Do not freeze. Discard if the reconstituted vaccine has been frozen
- Prescribing Information for ROTARIX.
- Vesikari T, Karvonen A, Prymula R, et al. Efficacy of human rotavirus vaccine against rotavirus gastroenteritis during the first 2 years of life in European infants: randomised, double-blind controlled study. Lancet. 2007;370:1757-1763.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommended Immunization Schedules for Persons Aged 0 Through 18 Years—United States, 2016. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-child-combined-schedule.pdf. Accessed November 26, 2019.