PATIENT PROFILE: AMY
- SLE diagnosed 5 years ago
- Worsening fatigue
- Fatigue has become more severe in the past 6 months
- Persistent myositis for the last 8 months
- Inflammatory malar rash for the last 6 months
Recent Clinical Assessment
- Hydroxychloroquine 400 mg/day for 5 years
- Prescribed 5 mg/day for 4 years
- Dose was escalated to 15 mg/day for her last flare
Impact on Daily Living
- Has had to find a new part-time job in order to cope with increasing fatigue
- Can’t see her friends often due to extra rest required in the evening
- Myositis is preventing her from playing tennis
- The lack of exercise and increasing isolation is impacting her self-esteem and quality of life
Learn More About Other SLE Patients
*SELENA-SLEDAI (Safety of Estrogens in Lupus Erythematosus: National Assessment version of the Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index) assesses 24 weighted variables to indicate overall disease severity.
†FACIT, functional assessment of chronic illness therapy.
This patient is for illustrative purposes only and is not a real patient.