Who could benefit from Nucala?
*Fictional patient for discussion only.
Patients who are likely to benefit from Nucala should have two or more controller therapies, including high-dose ICS and additional controller(s) and two or more exacerbations in the previous 12 months and/or daily OCS. 1
Nucala is recommended for long-term treatment and its use should be reviewed on an annual basis. 1
Clinical response to Nucala is predicted in patients with eosinophil counts ≥150 cells/μL at initiation of treatment or ≥300 cells/μL in the prior 12 months. 6
Introductie tot Nucala, ....
- Nucala SmPC.
- Wen T, Rothenberg ME. Microbiol Spectr 2016; doi: 10.1128/microbolspec.MCHD-0020-2015.
- Weller PF, Spencer LA. Nat Rev Immunol 2017; 17:746–760.
- Price D et al. J Asthma Allergy 2016; 9:1–12.
- Garcia G et al. Eur Respir Rev 2013; 22:251–257.
- Ortega HG et al. Lancet Respir Med 2016; 4:549–556.