Triumeq is indicated for the treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infected adults and adolescents above 12 years of age weighing at least 40 kg.
Before initiating treatment with abacavir-containing products, screening for carriage of the HLA-B*5701 allele should be performed in any HIV-infected patient, irrespective of racial origin. Abacavir should not be used in patient known to carry the HLA-B*5701 allele.5
Women of childbearing potential (WOCBP) should undergo pregnancy testing before initiation of dolutegravir. WOCBP who are taking dolutegravir should use effective contraception throughout treatment.5
- Walmsley S, Baumgarten A, Berenguer J, et al. Dolutegravir plus abacavir/lamivudine for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in antiretroviral therapy-naïve patients: week 96 and week 144 results from the SINGLE randomised clinical trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015;70:515-519
- Molina J-M, Clotet B, van Lunzen J, et al; on behalf of the FLAMINGO Study Team. Once-daily dolutegravir versus darunavir plus ritonavir for treatment-naïve adults with HIV-1 infection (FLAMINGO): 96 week results from a randomised, open-label, phase 3b study. Lancet HIV. 2015;2(4):e127-e136.
- Orrell C, Hagins D, Belonosova E, et al. Superior efficacy of dolutegravir/abacavir/lamivudine (DTG/ABC/3TC) fixed dose combination (FDC) compared with ritonavir (RTV) boosted atazanavir (ATV) plus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate/emtricitabine (TDF/FTC) in treatment-naïve women with HIV-1 infection (ARIA Study). Presented at: Annual International AIDS Conference 2016; July 18-22, 2016. Durban, South Africa. Abstract THAB0205LB
- Raffi F, Jaeger H, Quiros-Roldan E, et al; on behalf of the extended SPRING-2 Study Group. Once-daily dolutegravir versus twice-daily raltegravir in antiretroviral-naïve adults with HIV-1 infection (SPRING-2 study): 96 week results from a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13(11): 927-935.
- Triumeq Summary of Product Characteristics