The 2DR Era
Is it time to rethink the way we treat HIV?
What is the 2DR era?
No one should take more medicines than they need
2DR: Meeting a clinical need
The HIV treatment landscape has changed dramatically over the past 30 years, with each decade serving as a foundation for the next to build upon. Today marks the beginning of the next era in HIV therapy...THE 2DR ERA.
- A 20-year-old starting a 3-drug regimen may be on therapy for nearly 6 DECADES, which translates to MORE THAN 60,000 DOSES of individual medications 6
See how a 2DR can benefit your patients
Tivicay is indicated in combination with other antiretroviral medicinal products for the treatment of HIV-Infected adults, adolescents and children above 6 years of age. 7
Epivir is indicated as part of antiretroviral combination therapy for the treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infected adults and children. 8
Juluca is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults who are virologically-suppressed on a stable ARV regimen for ≥6 months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any NNRTI or INI. 9
Tivicay + lamivudine is only suitable for the treatment of HIV-1 infection where there is no known or suspected resistance to the integrase inhibitor class, or to lamivudine.
- A timeline of HIV/AIDS. https://www.hiv.gov/sites/default/files/aidsgov-timeline.pdf. Accessed July 2019.
- Llibre JM, et al. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:856-861.
- Antiretroviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV infection. http://www.fda.gov/ForPatients/Illness/HIVAIDS/Treatment/ucm118915.htm. Accessed July 2019.
- ViiV Healthcare receives EU marketing authorisation for Juluca (dolutegravir/rilpivirine), the first 2-drug regimen, once-daily, single pill for the treatment of HIV [news release]. London, UK: ViiV Healthcare group of companies; May 21, 2018. https://www.viivhealthcare.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/2018/may/viiv-healthcare-receives-eu-marketing-authorisation-for-juluca-dolutegravirrilpivirine-the-first-2-drug-regimen-once-daily-single-pill-for-the-treatment-of-hiv/. Accessed July 2019.
- ViiV Healthcare. 2018 Press Release. ViiV Healthcare receives CHMP Positive Opinion for Tivicay EU label update with GEMINI study data for the 2-drug regimen of Tivicay + lamivudine. Available at: https://www.viivhealthcare.com/media/press-releases/viiv-healthcare-receives-chmp-positive-opinion-for-tivicay-eu-label-update-with-gemini-study-data-for-the-2-drug-regimen-of-tivicay-plus-lamivudine.aspx Accessed July 2019.
- The Antiretroviral Therapy Cohort Collaboration. Lancet HIV. 2017;4:e349-e356.
- TIVICAY Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/tivicay-film-coated-tablets-33993/, last accessed July 2019.
- EPIVIR Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/epivir-film-coated-tablets-150mg-32047/, last accessed July 2019.
- JULUCA Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/juluca-50-mg-25-mg-film-coated-tablets-34548/, last accessed July 2019.