The 2DR Era
Is it time to rethink the way we treat HIV?
What is the 2DR era?
No one should take more medicines than they need
2DR: Meeting a clinical need
The HIV treatment landscape has changed dramatically over the past 30 years, with each decade serving as a foundation for the next to build upon. Today marks the beginning of the next era in HIV therapy...THE 2DR ERA. 1
- A 20-year-old starting a 3-drug regimen may be on therapy for nearly 6 DECADES, which translates to MORE THAN 60,000 DOSES of individual medications 4
See how a 2DR can benefit your patients
*Juluca is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults who are virologically-suppressed on a stable ARV regimen for ≥6 months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any NNRTI or INI. 5
^Dovato is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 in adults and adolescents above 12 years of age weighing at least 40kg, with no known or suspected resistance to the integrase inhibitor class, or lamivudine. 6
- A timeline of HIV/AIDS. https://www.hiv.gov/sites/default/files/aidsgov-timeline.pdf. Accessed July 2019.
- Llibre JM, et al. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:856-861.
- Antiretroviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV infection. http://www.fda.gov/ForPatients/Illness/HIVAIDS/Treatment/ucm118915.htm. Accessed July 2019.
- The Antiretroviral Therapy Cohort Collaboration. Lancet HIV. 2017;4:e349-e356.
- Juluca Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/juluca-50-mg-25-mg-film-coated-tablets-34548/, last accessed June 2020.
- Dovato Summary of Product Characteristics. Available from: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/dovato-50-mg-300-mg-film-coated-tablets-34871/smp last accessed June 2020.