- Equivalent of 1 case of chickenpox every minute in England and Wales. 1
- Chickenpox is most often a mild disease but it can lead to serious complications, hospitalisations and even death. 2
- 20% of parents want to privately vaccinate their children against chickenpox. 3
- Varilrix protects your patients from 9 months of age against chickenpox. 4
Chickenpox disease awareness campaign
Supporting parents to understand chickenpox, spot the signs and know how to prevent the disease.
- Brisson M, Edmunds WJ. Epidemiology of varicella-zoster virus in England and Wales. J Med Virol. 2003;70 (Suppl 1):S9-14.
- Bonanni P et al. Varicella vaccination in Europe–taking the practical approach. BMC Med 2009; 7(26):1–12.
- Market research conducted by Healthcare Research Worldwide. Understanding parents’ perspectives on chickenpox in the UK. July 2016. Funded by GSK
- Varilrix SmPC, available at http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/9787, Last accessed August 2019.