- Equivalent of 1 case of chickenpox every minute in England and Wales.
- Chickenpox is most often a mild disease but it can lead to serious complications, hospitalisations and even death.
- 20% of parents want to privately vaccinate their children against chickenpox.
- Varilrix now protects your patients from 9 months of age against chickenpox.
Protect you patients' future from chickenpox
Discover why using Varilrix should reassure you that you have protected your patient's future from the risks of chickenpox.
Chickenpox disease awareness campaign
Chickenpox is seen as a normal part of growing up, but it doesn’t have to be. To find out more about how to deliver this message to your patients, visit: www.spotchickenpox.com
- Brisson M, Edmunds WJ. Epidemiology of varicella-zoster virus in England and Wales. J Med Virol. 2003;70 (Suppl 1):S9-14.
- Bonanni P et al. Varicella vaccination in Europe–taking the practical approach. BMC Med 2009; 7(26):1–12.
- Market research conducted by Healthcare Research Worldwide. Understanding parents’ perspectives on chickenpox in the UK. July 2016. Funded by GSK
- Varilrix SmPC, available at http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/9787, Last accessed October 2017.