BOOSTRIX is a vaccine indicated for active booster immunization against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis. BOOSTRIX is approved for use as a single dose in individuals aged 10 years and older.
Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of any tetanus toxoid-, diphtheria toxoid-, or pertussis antigen-containing vaccine, or to any component of BOOSTRIX, or encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis antigen-containing vaccine is a contraindication.
*Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis.
†U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Adacel is a registered trademark of Sanofi Pasteur group, and its subsidiaries.
Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies
- Prescribing Information for BOOSTRIX.
- Prescribing Information for Adacel.
- Pichichero ME, Blatter MM, Kennedy WA, Hedrick J, Descamps D, Friedland LR. Acellular pertussis vaccine booster combined with diphtheria and tetanus toxoids for adolescents. Pediatrics. 2006;117(4):1084-1093.
- Blatter M, Friedland LR, Weston WM, Li P, Howe B. Immunogenicity and safety of a tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and three-component acellular pertussis vaccine in adults 19-64 years of age. Vaccine. 2009;27(5):765-772.
- American Medical Association. 2013 Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Professional Edition. 4th rev ed. Chicago, IL: American Medical Association; 2012.